Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Happy Chinese New Year!!!
We just wanted to wish all of our family and friends a very Happy Chinese New Year, February 18th officially marks the "year of the pig". Mike and I attended the Children's Bridge New Years Celebration in Markham this Year along with my sister-in-law, her husband and our two nieces! We had a lot of fun, the girls got to make a lot of crafts (so did Mike!), we ate some traditional food and then watched some cultural performances and of course the Lion Dance - which was great! It was really nice to see everyone with their children - especially all of the new babies!! - it makes it seem more real and it does wonders for boosting our spirits, especially considering the long wait still ahead. I have posted some pictures form the CB New Year celebration and then of course what would a Chinese celebration be without a trip to the Mandarin for the dumpling festival!!!









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Looks like a great time - we hope to attend next year - obviously didn't work out for us this year. :)
k
Oh my - I just saw your blog on Kathys blog and see that we were at the same event!! We have some of the same pictures!!!
We are group 281!
How funny is it that you have the piggie mask on your blog! Shawn and I were manning that activity. Small world.
Post a Comment