Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I think I am going to need professional help!!

First of all let me start of by saying CONGRATULATIONS to everyone receiving their long awaited referrals this month! By the sound of the rumours it looks like the CCAA has matched up to and including the 7th of November 2005 - again only 6 days worth. I seriously think by the time our wait is over I could be living in a looney bin! Six days is better than 2 but come on this is getting ridiculous. If the 6 days continued we would be waiting 49 more months on top of the 9 we have already waited. I calculated that from now to our referral there would need to be an 11 day average each month for us to get our referral in the estimated 3 years. I had heard rumours before that Nov & Dec 2005 were heavy LID months so I am praying this is true and once the CCAA gets through them things can pick up a little. What are other people thinking or hearing in terms of the wait?? - some people have told me that their agencies have told them 2 years to referral but how can this be?? My agency has told us that they expect us to wait up to 3 years from LID which is crazy but if you go by the last couple of months referrals we could be waiting longer?? I have no idea what to think anymore - I am seriously going NUTS!!!

8 comments:

The Carmodys said...

Hang in there girl - you've waited nine months that you'll never have to wait again. Hopefully it won't be as long as we all think.

k

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Tammy,
I think that your gut instinct is bang on in terms of the wait. There is no reason to believe that the CCAA will speed up since the past six+ months have averaged 12 days per batch. That said, you are right about November, December and March (adding this one in) being huge LID months. I predict it will take four months to get through November and at least four to get through March (I am not so sure about December...I think it may be quicker). So, at least ten months to get through three LID months...you and I both have ten LID months to get through. So, 30 more months (at least) seems about right. Sadly.
You may want to check out Rhonda's Blog in which Donna Paonessa is answering questions that we ask. It may help you to feel better about the wait.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I know what you mean!!!!

M and M said...

The wait sucks!!

Keeping busy and not thinking about it makes things better *some* of the time. Meeting other 'waiting' people is GREAT!

Hope to see you in July - you will be at 10 months by then!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tammy, I feel your pain. I am not sure how to console you. But I know that however this turns out will be the best for all of us. We will talk about it in hind sight saying, yes, this worked out perfect for us, even though at the time we didn't think so. You have every right to feel the way you do, let's just keep praying for this process to be ....faster.... tolerable....for those of us waiting.
Thinking of you both.
Take care
Melody

Anonymous said...

It does feel like it is dragging on right now.

Jill and Jaap said...

I know...just try to keep busy...easier said...I know..

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy - It probably seems like forever right now but time will pass and soon you'll have your very own child... I'm really excited about you and Mike being a mom and dad and me an aunt.

Hang in there,
Lots of love,
Tiffany and Rob