Thursday, July 12, 2007

A lot has happened since my last post!

Okay I need to be more on top of my posts. A lot has happened since my last one - I will list them in order...

1. We took a trip to Ottawa - I will do a second post about this next because it was a lot of fun, I took a lot of pictures and we also went to see the "Treasures from China" exhibit which I also took a lot of pictures of (it was amazing).

2. I lost my job - I already wrote about this one but I will touch on it again. As much as I am freaking out about it I am trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise. I have been wanting to get a more secure job, one where I can advance and hopefully have a pension etc.. My ideal job is to work anywhere in the government (federal, provincial or municipal) - I don't care if I have to start off by delivering mail. I really hope I can somehow make this happen, it would give me a couple of years to work and get established before we get our little love bug!

3. Our 10 month LID anniversary!! - This was on the 29th of June, I wasn't in the mood for celebrating but I was excited that we were finally into the double digit numbers. As everyone already knows and I know that most people feel exactly the same way it is hard to be excited becasue every month that we have gotten closer we actually have gotten further away. The rumours have stayed around the "3 year" mark for a while now so lets hope and pray it doesn't go any longer.

4. Mommies in Waiting dinner - This was my first time being able to attend the mommies in waiting dinner which was A LOT of fun. Thank you sooooo much to Karen for letting me drive in with her - I guarantee I would have got lost!! We did the gift exchange which was exciting - I recieved a little bikini (so cute) and a beach bucket and shovel as well as a beach baby scrapbook page already done - just waiting for my little beach babies picture! Paula also gave all of us a knitted teddy bear - thanks Paula! It was so great to finally meet so many people who I only know through their blogs and be able to talk with people who know exactly what I am going through and have the same feelings themselves!!

5. Our 12th Wedding Anniversary! - It was our 12th wedding anniversay on July 8th, we went to The Ancaster Old Mill for their champaigne brunch which was amazing as always!! I don't drink champaigne but as always Mike enjoyed both of ours (all 12 glasses or so!!) Anyways it was very nice, I can't believe we have been married for 12 years already - we have been through A LOT in that time and I thank god that I have a DH who is always by my side and so loving!!

Well I think that is it since my last post! I am going to post those pictures from Ottawa in the next day or so!!

6 comments:

M and M said...

Wow - that is a lot going on.

It was great to meet you on Friday!

See you in September.

Donna Paonessa said...

I'm glad you were able to connect with the mommies-in-waiting gang. Having a wonderful support network helps get you through the up's and down's of this emotional roller coaster ride to parenthood. No one gets it better than these folks! Good luck with the job hunt. I really do believe things happen for a reason most times - the reason might suck at the time, but one day you look back and understand.

Hope you got my email too!

Jill and Jaap said...

You did have lots to catch up on! Looking forward to meeting you in the future.

Happy Anniversary and LID!

Anonymous said...

Well I'll I have to say is that my 40th birthday is coming up and Myhia told me through a dream that you were getting me a big huge gift (Disney trip) so you'd better find a job quick. You don't want to disappoint your daughter already.

Just Kidding!
I love ya like a sister!
Deb

The Carmodys said...

Hey you! Congratulations on being married for 12 years. That's awesome. And another congratulations for being logged in for 10 months - that's also amazing.

And you're welcome. I was glad to have company on the drive to Toronto . . . you forgot to mention that we did get lost! Well not really lost - we got back on track fast enough. It was great to meet you - we obviously hit it off since talk, talk, talking was what got us lost in the first place. :)

Good luck with the job hunt.

k

D & S said...

You sure have been busy. Happy anniversary! I hope you both did something fun.