
Well this weekend we went to London and met a couple that we will be travelling with to China (hopefully in this decade!). We are group 272 and we had 7 couples in our group but I think it is down to 5 or 6 now. All of the couples are pretty spread out over Canada and there is NEVER any interaction with any of them besides us.
Both Melody and I have sent out e-mails to our group members when exciting things happen like getting throught the review room etc.. but we never hear from any of them. We on the other hand have talked since day one and this weekend is the first time we have met. It was so exciting to meet Mike and Melody, even though we are a far way off from travelling it made it seem more real and of course we really like them so that is even better, especially considering we will be spending two weeks and one of the biggest most exciting days of our lives togehter!! We live about 2 hours away from each other so we met in the middle for lunch, oh how I wish we lived closer but oh well we have already talked about getting together for some other things so we can't wait!!!

5 comments:
We too have not had much contact from our travel group. Dolores and Shawn are in our group and we haven't even spoken to anyone else other then them. We too sent out lots of e-mails and there was nothing...NOTHING...odd...
Glad you had a good day!
My travel group is not very communicative either. All 10 families live within 1 1/2 hours of one another but if I don't set things up, nothing happens. Last time I sent out an email nobody even bothered to respond so I'm going to stick with the GTA waiting group for now. Maybe when things get closer they'll communicate more but I don't know. I think some find the wait just too hard (understandable) so are choosing to ignore adoption stuff and just move ahead with their lives. I understand that too.
So glad you were able to meet Mike and Melody in person. It really does help to keep things real!
Hope to see you on the 9th.
That's awesome Tammy! It's great to get to know the travel group - even just one other couple.
Our travel group was great. We got together with most of them (the ones in the GTA anyway) at least three or four times prior to traveling. It does make it more real and great to talk to others going through the exact same crazy wait!
k
It's just like Michelle said, our travel group is very quiet. We've sent out emails and nothing and everyone lives within an hour of each other. Thank God M&M are so great AND they live just around the corner. I think I'd go nuts if it weren't for them.
Hi Tammy,
I am showing Aunt Pam how to leave a comment (I hope it works).
It was nice to see the comments which you received since you get together with M & M. Anyway pumpkin,we will talk to you later
Post a Comment