Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mommies in Waiting Dinner!


Last Friday night (Nov 9th) I went to another Mommies in Waiting dinner. The dinners are held every two months and mommies from all over the GTA and further come out and chat, eat etc.. it is such a great support group! This time we had 13 mommies and little Ava! We have mommies who are already home with their little ones, mommies who have just recieved referrals and then mommies like me who are waiting and waiting and waiting. Also we have mommies who are adopting from other countries too - not just China so it is always very interesting to hear everyones stories.

To be honest at first I wasn't feeling overly excited about going - it seems that any adoption news lately is always depressing and I was feeling like somehow I just needed to try to put the adoption to the back of my mind...yeah right, like that's going to happen. Well I went and it actually made me feel 100% better!! The drive in with Karen was great even though we were in bad traffic the whole time, it gave us time to chat and catch up. I am so thankful for my friendship that has evolved with Karen, I love to visit and talk with her and seeing Samara always makes me feel that it is only a matter of time before Mike and I will be home with our daughter!

Dinner was great, the company was great (Catherine is always so positive she made me feel better right away) and I left there feeling great - stuffed but great!

We always have a gift exchange at the dinner and this time the theme was "reading". I received "Goodnight Goodnight Sleepy Head" and "Five Little Monkeys" I LOVE them! I love both stories and I love books that are hard pages - much less chance of getting damaged etc..!! You can never have too many books - Mhyia will love them!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

It was great seeing you again Tammy! I was happy when you and Karen arrived that the empty seats were near me. It was so nice to chat with both of you.

Mark January 12th on your calendar. :o)

D & S said...

It's great to be able to get together with other people who get it. I think it's important. Otherwise we'd all go nuts.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!!

The Carmodys said...

Ah thanks Tammy. It's been great getting to know you too. Can't wait until Mhyia can come to our coffee get togethers and dinner dates. :)

k

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy! Thanks so much for the visit and lunch date today. It was great spending time with you. I can't wait for out get together and dinner with the Mary Lou's.

3 Peanuts said...

What a GREAT idea! Wish I had something like that during the wait!

Kim