
Well this past weekend we went to our annual Christmas get togehter with friends!! There are four couples and we all take turns having it our houses! This year was great - I was responsible for bringing dessert, which for anyone who knows me is pretty much the only thing I offer to bring. I love baking - cooking, not so much!
Last year Mike and I were shopping at Williams Sonoma (one of our favourite kitchen stores) and we bought this snowman cake pan. I decided that this years Christmas party

would be the perfect opportunity to try it out. Thank god I had actully tried to bake a cake in it earlier in the week because it proved to be a little tricky. Since my trial run seemed okay I figured I would go for it!! Well thank god it turned out okay - you have to bake two halves and then put them together which also worked out okay. Once the little guy was assembled and standing on his own it was
time to decorate him!! I must say I was quite impressed with myself because it
turned out pretty good! It took me about an hour to do but he looked good so we headed off to the party. The drive over was a little nerve racking but he made it safely and he was quite a hit! He didn't look so by the end of the party but he sure did taste good!! I love when I try new things and they actually turn out the way I picture in my head! I think I will have to make this again!!

7 comments:
Oh my goodness Tammy - you're one talented lady! That snowman is way too cute to even eat. Glad it turned out for you. Sounds like you had a good time.
k
I just showed the kids the picture of the snowman cake. Victoria said, "great job Mrs. Tammy!" :)
(they also wanted to know if I could make one for them . . . HA!)
k
Amazing cake. Your friends must have been in awe of your talent. It definitely would have been hard to cut into something you worked so hard on. Then again it was cake...lol
wowzie. i'm impressed - i decorated a cake ONCE ....yes, once and i failed miserably. that is a great looking cake, yum!
Wow! That looks delicious! You are quite the baker!
Thank you for your positive comments. I did receive your e-mail a few months back and I am sorry if I did not respond. Life with 3 peanuts gets a little too busy for me and someitmes I don't get to e-mail. I am praying for speedy referrals and I will check back.
Kim
Tammy that cake is gorgeous!
Very Evangeline Jones Party Coordinator Extrodinare!!!!!!!!!
Hope you are doing well!
Say hi to Mike for me
Karen B
Awesome job Tammy!!! That litte guy is (err...was!) adorable!!
Hey, our next WM dinner is in January. Think you could sneak one of these into the restaurant?
Great job!!
Post a Comment