Tuesday, September 2, 2008

2 Year LID Anniversary!


Well I can't believe I am actually saying this but it has been 2 years since our LID of August 29th, 2006. It has been 2 years and 8 months since we started this whole process. When we started they told us 9-12 months, technically we could have been on our way to number 2 by now. It is more than depressing for us both, at first we were sooooo excited, I couldn't believe I was finally going to be a mom etc... I was planning the nursery, looking at baby items, picking up cute outfits etc etc.. Now it just seems so far away that even though a day doesn't go by where I don't think about it it is like a dream that never gets any closer. I can't put my life on hold but we feel like for the last 10 years this is all we have been working towards. After 8 years of trying and 6 miscarriages I was so sure that adoption was what was meant for us. We had always said we would love to adopt one day and we figured it was definitely meant to be but ever since we started there has been nothing but road blocks and slow downs. Needless to say we didn't really do any celebrating...for now it is almost a reminder of how long we have waited and how long we still have ahead of us. Sorry for this downer post it is just that I don't know how to be excited about it anymore??

No comments: