Monday, February 2, 2009

A gift I wanted to mention.

For Christmas Mike and I got lots of great things but we did receive one gift that was very special to me. As you all know My sister-in-law and her husband had our niece in October and my brother-in-law and his wife had our nephew in December right before Christmas.

This would be the first Christmas that everyone in Mike's family has children (except us) and don't get me wrong I LOVE having all the babies around and I am VERY happy for all of them but I was a little nervous about Christmas Day and how it would effect me being there with everyone and their children when this is what Mike and I have been also wanting for the last 10 years. We were now the only couple with no children although Mike and I started trying before most of these couples had even met.
Anyways when we got to Lisa's everyone was handing out their gifts to all the kids and Mikes mom handed me a box and said "I know it is still quite a while away but I saw this and had to get it for you" I took the box and opened it and it was a ladybug outfit for Mhyia - I never find ladybug stuff and Mike's mom knows how I watch for it. I LOVED it , it was sooo cute - totally something I would pick out. I think I loved the fact that she thought about us/Mhyia even more than the gift itself!! Mike's family very rarely asks how things are going etc... and it was nice to know that they are thinking about it even though they don't often bring it up! Anyways here are a couple of picks of it - I LOVE it!!!
Mike got me the Great Wall of China book ends

1 comment:

The Carmodys said...

You're right . . . that is SO cute! What a thoughtful gift. Can't wait to see Mhyia running around in it.

k