Everyone came over an we had a really good time - unfortunately it did start to rain just as Mike started to BBQ but everyone just came in. Mike had also come up with a "Canada Trivia" challenge which everyone seemed to really enjoy.
This was our first big get together as a family since the passing of Mikes brother Kevin. It is still so hard to believe but everyone seemed to have a good time and I know we all thought of him often. Everyone left by 8:00pm which gave us just enough time to clean, pack and get to bed by 11:00pm so that we could be up for 3:30am to head to the airport for our flight to Boston - like I said - who needs sleep!!
I made this cherry cheesecake!

Mike with little Ronin - he is sooo cute!

everyone playing Mike's Canadian trivia!

5 comments:
What a nice idea Tammy! I'm glad you had a nice family time together despite the sadness you still all feel.
k
I'm glad that you were able to get together and have a great time!
It sounds like a great day Tammy! I'm so glad your family was able to come together and celebrate so soon after such a difficult time!
jules
I love that cheesecake! Great job!
SOB... SOB...
you cut me out of the Canada day picture Tammy!?!?! :(
Post a Comment