In November after a series of tests etc.. she was diagnosed with colon cancer - we were all shocked, including the Doctors!! They never expected it to come back showing cancer. We of course were very upset and extremely worried and even though you feel like things are going to work out it is always in the back of your mind "what if it doesn't".
Thankfully they found a very small percentage of cancer and we were very hopeful that when they went in to remove the pc of bowel that they would have already gotten it all or that they would definitely get it all then. Two weeks ago she went in for her surgery to remove the pc - the surgery went well and although the recovery has been hard at times it does seem to get a little better everyday.
My Dad and I picked my mom up from the hospital 4 days after her surgery to bring her home. I know she was soooooo THANKFUL to be home in her own house. I stayed with her and helped her get showered and settled in, I even blow dried her hair! Like I said I know she was just sooo thankful to be back in her own house and it was so nice to be there with her during this time!
My mom is ALWAYS there for me and it is nice to be able to feel like you are able to repay some of that unconditional love that I feel everyday! Now we wait, we wait for the test results to come back - we are hoping they will have them this week when she see's the Doctor. The Doctor did say to us after surgery that from what he could see things looked good but he can't say anything for sure until we get those results. I just pray that everything is going to come back clear!!
UPDATE (Feb 16th): The results are in and everything is clear!!!!! Thank God!!!! She still has quite a few weeks of recovery ahead of her but thankfully the news was good!! I literally started bawling at my desk and I had to tell my friends - no worries - they are happy tears!!
I am just so happy and so thankful that things look good, it has been a very stressful couple of months!!
Mom I am sooooo happy and so Thankful - you rest up now because in a couple of months we are going to have a new little family member with lots of energy!! Love you xo

3 comments:
Sorry to hear about your Mom's struggles but SO thankful that her surgery was successful and that the tests came back clear! Praying for your mom.
Whew...so glad she was able to get the test results back quickly and everything is good!
Hi Tammy and Mike,
I just read your insert on the blog and you bought me to tears !!! I am very excited about Mhyia coming and each day I am hoping to feel better and be ready. I can hardly wait for her arrival. Soon I hope and I will be praying for a referal next month. Keeping you all in prayer.
Love ya!
Mom (Grandma)
Post a Comment