Okay so as usual my attempts to upkeep my blog failed. I am just finding it very hard to up keep with it when it seems like something that is sooooo far away and like it isn't even real :(
Anyways I am going to try to cover some of the highlights and lowlights over the last couple or months - I will start with the most recent....
May's referrals:
Well the referrals for May have not yet been released, there have been rumors over the last week or so of China not sending out referrals due to swine flu. Apparently these are just rumors, I was told by our agency that they are sending referrals as usual. Hopefully they will arrive next week and lets hope they do more than 2 days this month. With 174 lid's ahead of us we need to see a heck of a lot more than 2 days/month. There have been alot of rumors about the CCAA trying to speed things up and that we should see a speed up more into the middle of this year - here's hoping!!! I did talk to our agency yesterday and even they told me that the CCAA has told them that they are taking measures to try to speed things up from the current pace - I found this to be encouraging since my agency usually says NOTHING unless they know something!! Fingers crossed!!
LID Anniversary - 32 Months
April 29th marks 32 months since our lid and what do I say - yet another month gone and not one day closer to Mhyia?? I can't even believe that I had to make a "32" month counter - it is quite ridiculous actually. Once we get past 36 months I am hoping we will have less than 36 more months to wait...I can't believe that one day I will probably be making a "60" month counter....SAD...it is just SAD.Still unemployed..maybe back to school??
Well I am still unemployed which is great if you have lots of money but considering I do NOT it is not fun at all - it is BORING. I have really been thinking alot about what I want to do and what options I have. I went to an information seminar put on through EI and I am looking into possibly taking a one year course in Human Resources - it is a career that I think I would really enjoy and one where I think that there is a lot of growth opportunity etc.. so I will be looking into that over the next couple of weeks!
Easter
This year we went to my moms for dinner on Good Friday which was great! Dinner was awesome, as usual!! It was nice to visit with my parents and we had a great time visiting with my brother and Tiffany too!
For Mikes side we went to Andrew and Kayla's (Mike's brother) for dinner - they have just moved into a new apartment so it was the first time we have all been there - it turned out great!
It was also Shayla's birthday on Easter Sunday - she turned 12 this year!! I can't believe she is 12 years old already, it really does seem like a couple of months ago she was just born! Shayla is my first official niece and she is just so special to me - Love you Shayla - Happy Birthday!
LID Anniversary - 31 months

Well this month actually went right by without me realizing it was the 29th - I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad sign? Anyways 31 months...ugh
March Birthdays
March is a big month in the Dufour family - 3 out of the 5 siblings have a birthday in March!! Lisa, Kevin and Amy. We don't exchange gifts anymore but we do always get together for at least cake and usually some kind of dinner. This year we went to Lisa's house and had a BBQ - I made the cake. It was alot of fun!!


Babysitting Meghan!!
Amy has asked me a couple of times to babysit Meghan which of course I was more than happy to do!! She is sooooo good she is so content and so happy all the time she is truly a joy to be around and of course how can you not love that face...I could just kiss those chubby cheeks all day!! She is approx 5 months here!

she just loves her hippo!!
Sophie in hand....already for her walk
look at that face....kissable...just kissable!
LID Anniversary - 30 months
Again not much to say. February 29th marked 30 months since our lid with China. I think in February the CCAA only matched 3 days :(
Ronin's shower - February 28th
Mike and I hosted a baby shower at our house for Kevin (Mike's brother) and Kerith and baby Ronin. I turned out great! I will post pictures for this in a couple of days since I think this post is long enough!! stay tuned!



3 comments:
Happy 30 months.
Happy 31 months.
Happy 32 months.
Cute, cute neice!
Happy Birthday Shayla!
Wow . . . school eh? Hmmmm - sounds like a plan.
Bring on those May referrals CCAA!
So there - you're all caught up on blogging and I'm all caught up on commenting. But ya know what? It's not same as catching up in person. When are the Dufour's coming over again? Let me know.
k
Gosh, I don't check for a week, and then... WOW! So much to say! Glad that you've gotten by months 30,31,32... You only have to go by them once. I hope you're counting down soon!
j
Hey Tammy! Sorry I missed you on Facebook the other day. Glad I got an update on your blog. I miss you guys so much. I'm off for a week in June and will be back home. I'll give you a call and hopefully we can get together!!!
Post a Comment