Tuesday, June 30, 2009

34 Months....ugh!

Well it has officially been 34 months since our paperwork was sent to China. This month the CCAA referred another 6 days worth of lid's - that takes us up to and including March 20th, 2006. A weird thing happened though - our agency ONLY, also got referrals for March 21st and March 23rd?? We are not sure why or how this happened yet but we'll take it! It was most likely someone sending them out by mistake. I hope to see at least 6 days and even more in the months to come.
I can't believe that there are only 12 groups ahead of us at our agency - what I really can't believe is that it could take up to 3 more years to get through those 12 groups :( I won't let myself believe it though - for some reason I just really do feel that thing will start to look up over the next 6 months or so.

4 comments:

Shayla said...

34 months! that really sucks Mhyia SHOULD be here by now! wow the adoption agency was a little off when they said it was going to take 9 to 10 months. i wish she was here right now so i could play with her, and teach her how to walk and talk but not really change her diaper because that would smell bad but that's a baby for me! i also wish she was here so that i could babysit her all the time! i want to babysit her so bad i would do it for free but i don't mind getting paid.;)

Shayla said...

yeah this is my 2nd comment and i am the first person to comment on your 34 month journey for Mhyia! it should not have taken this long for mhyia to get here and she isn't even here yet! she isn't here and yet i miss her! :(

Jules and Danny said...

Keep the faith! Your little one is coming... good news all around. 34 months is a VERY. LONG. TIME... but over half way now!!!! Know that she is coming.
j

Catherine said...

34 months and another closer! I'm hoping and praying that once CCAA gets through the spring (March/April) 2006 files that possibly things speed up due to attrition. Just today I heard from a July 2006 person whose LID group has gone from 12 to 5 families!! Hopefully more of this has happened which will lead to things moving along faster.

Like you, I'd love for them to get through 6 days this month!!!! Oh baby, would I!!!

Hugs friend. Still thinking of and praying for your family often.

xo