Today marks 4 years since our file was logged in by someone in China - I can't believe our file has been sitting on a shelf for 4 YEARS. I really have no words - I never thought it would take this long, I mean we were told 9-12 months. I am actually hoping/praying it is only 12 more months - so pathetic really. I don't understand it :(
On another note - I know I am almost the worst blogger ever and every so often I get back into it and post a few things but I really am going to try to be better at documenting this next year or so. I want to be able to look back at this time an know what we were doing when Mhyia was born, when she was 1 month, 2 months etc... but I do have 1 request...
PLEASE COMMENT!!! I see the counter go up all the time but no one posts :( Even if you literally just type hi - I am okay with that - in fact I would love it!
Thanks to everyone who has followed us faithfully these last 4 LONG years and I hope you continue to do so the next year or two - I feel like for the first time in a long time there might be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel!!

13 comments:
Ugh four years. We hit that "milestone" in a couple of weeks. At least we're getting closer...
By all accounts, next year should be a VERY good year for both of us.
Four years SUCKS!! There are no ands, ifs or buts about it.
I am sorry that you have had to wait this long and I am sorry that things were not as you were told they were going to.
Fingers crossed that it won't be 5 years.
Hi,
A fellow Canadian here, I can't remember how I came across your blog - but I was looking for other Canadian families who have adopted from China.
I too, understand all of your emotions of hoping, praying and waiting.
Hoping this is the year for you.
Joyanne
HI Tammy,
I know just what you mean, but the wait time. Remember just 3 weeks ago, we hit our 4th year. And yeah we were told 6 to 9 months then, but after we were logged in that changed to 12 months...who would have thought in a million years we will be sitting at 4+ years.
Happy 4th LID - we're getting closer, keep the faith just a little longer my friend.
Four long years. It's unbelievable, really. I admire your tenacity! Hang in there....you WILL get there!
Keep hanging in there it will happen. As everyone is probably telling you already you will forget that horrible wait you endured once that precious baby is in your arms...believe it or not they are right.
Just wanted you to know that we are following along and can't wait for your exciting moment to happen.
Praying that this is your year!
Lisa & Grant
Hey Tammy,
I try to comment when I see a new post... sometimes little hands pull me away. We waited 3 1/2 years for Molly and it seemed forever. You will not remember the yearning feeling once you hold your baby.
I look forward to reading about this next year as you prepare for YOUR angel! Before you know it, you will be holding her in your arms. Four years gone makes you four years closer to that time.
Jules
Hi
I think you are doing a great job with this blog! Keep up the good blogging because one day Mhyia will love to read all about the journey to her Mom and Dad!
Karen B
xo
Tammy.. we are all hoping that 2011 is your year!! It will be so fun when Mhyia is here.. can't wait to meet the little princess. Who knows maybe you will be on mat leave with a certain someone after all (not me - the other certain someone!!).
kimberly.
xox
I'm with you..hoping 2011 is your year...this wait is NUTS. My hubby is not happy with it at all....here's hoping, hoping, hoping!
Lisa V
Still reading and checking in friend and happy to comment. I've noticed that less than 5% of the people who read my blog leave comments so they can be hard to come by for sure.
One of the wonderful things I did as I was waiting for Hannah was begin a calendar over a year before I received her referral. I wrote a quick blurb in most days (tried for all but missed a few) so that when she was born I could look back and see exactly what I was doing that day. fun!!
PS - Happy 4 years. 4 years closer to Mhyia!!!
ummm.... i'm not sure how we do this posting a comment... this button?... i'm not usually allowed any comments... i wonder if this will work... she said i could just say "hi", but if i can figure this out, i'm going to share my first comment... yippee! i'm going to have my own opinion - NOBODY CAN STOP ME NOW!... all i have to do is to figure out how this thing works... uh oh, someone's coming... i better
4 years!!! Time goes so slow while you wait. I hope that you have some peace while you wait...it is so hard!
Post a Comment