Mommy and Daddy are coming to get you Mhyia!!
Well we have booked our flights!
We were told we could fly out on a Friday but we decided to leave 2 days early. For us to leave here on a Friday afternoon we would get to China Saturday night and then up in the morning and on another plane for 3.5 hours to Kunming City and then possibly get Mhyia within hours? Too much!!
We decided for sure that we would leave one day early but then when we went to book our flights and we realized the direct flights were sold out that day we quickly decided to go 2 days early LOL!
We will leave here on the Wednesday and get to China on the Thursday - hopefully go to bed and actually sleep and then we will have all day Friday and Saturday to get the lay of the land, purchase some things we need, exchange money, re-pack suitcases etc...
We don't have our exact itinerary yet but we should fly to Kunming City on the Sunday and then stay there until the Friday or Saturday then back to Beijing and then Home Sweet Home on the Friday!!
We have so much to prepare, pack, organize etc.... but oh how we just want to go right now!!


5 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you. Be sure to take extra money...we were shocked with the additional fees of over $600.00 + that we needed.
Do you plan on posting in China? We were able to do it with strong VPN - I did have a backup being I thought we would have trouble, but I was able to post every single day with no problems. I can't wait to follow you now on your journey.
so exciting and so smart you are giving yourself time to get acclimated before Mhyia is in your arms forever....you want some rest incase the poor thing is stressed or scared....by going early and you resting she will be the easiest baby on earth since you will be ready! What dates will you travel? Congratulations!
Yay!! SO happy for you! Booked flights are a huge step towards your little love!
I have the 15th marked in the calendar to come and welcome home your precious bundle of love!!!
You're so smart to go early! We did by 1 day and it was a huge help! We visited the silk market and picked up a few souvenirs and such before being fully engulfed with everything baby! :o) Also, helping to get over the jet lag will be a big help.
Enjoy!!!
PS - If you'd like a back-up blogger I'm more than happy to do this for you! M3 posted for me and it was a huge help. I just sent her an email with pics and she did the rest.
WE did the back up blogger as well. We wrote the posts and sent pics and she posted for us. We were able to get emails but could not get to blogger. Sooo exciting!
I think this was a great decision to make. We left one day early on our first trip, which was helpful - but left two days early on our second trip and it was even better. Anything to help get you adjusted to local time and get into a "zen mode" will help you to focus on one of the most important days of your life! How exciting to have tickets booked!
Post a Comment