Monday, April 2, 2012

Mhyia's Nursery!

Well I have been working on Mhyia's room and it is about 98% done!! I have a few more little things to do and of course I need to organize her closet! It has everything we have in there right now and I need to organize the sizes and the seasons etc... and really see what I have and what we will still need!

As for the nursery - we cut her closet door and made it larger which turned out great - you can see it here! Then I found a small night stand that someone was throwing out and I re-finished it as well as I re-finished my old dresser from when I was little and painted it a soft pink - they both turned out great - you can see them here!! My Mom and Dad bought us the crib which is absolutely beautiful and will turn into her bed afterwards!

I painted two very light green stripes on the walls, put up the crown moulding, we built a window valance and I covered it in the co-ordinating material we purchased approx 5 years ago! I painted a pink scroll design above the bed and put the words "such a big miracle in such a little girl" I love this saying! I also covered a little footstool and made a cushion cover etc.. in the co-ordinating material - I have to make a couple of armrests as well - not done yet!

All in all it has come together very nicely and we are very happy with it - now all we need in there is Mhyia!!


Her Royal Highness







I re-finished an old kitchen light

















Without the pink scroll design


tracing out the design


done!










We also hung some large white frames with "mommy", "daddy" and "baby" in english and chinese and then put our handprints in them! I will try to post a pic of them tomorrow!





10 comments:

Mike, Terri and Ava said...

Love it! What an amazing room! and I love that quote. We used the overhead projector for Ava's dragon design on her wall. It really is a great way to get exactly sweat you want! Can hardly wait to see that pic!

Catherine said...

OK....now that my breathing is getting back to normal after seeing your name light up in Google Reader, Mhyia's nursery is beautiful! You've done such a great job and it's gorgeous! So elegant and classy!

Tomorrow?????????????

The Drinkwaters said...

Wow...simply WOW! You are very talented and it is evident how much love and thought you have pored into this room for your much anticipated daughter!

Anonymous said...

Tammy I am using the same fabric, Over The moon. The room or beautiful!

Elizabeth
LID 09/01/06

The Carmodys said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

it gorgeous! Really!

lea
xo

B said...

obsessively checking and waiting and checking and waiting...I hope you've heard by now and we can all share in your wonderful referral news in the morning!

Becky said...

I love the vintage, soothing feel to the room!! It is perfect.

Dan and Karen said...

I want to sleep in that bedroom! It's beautiful! Can't wait to see referral photos.

Karen aka 'dannysgirl' on RQ

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful room! Waiting for the pictures is so hard! I hope they have it for you before the weekend!!!