Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Where it all began!!

January 21, 2006 Mike and I went to an information session put on by The Children's Bridge in London.  I at one of the Public Libraries. I can barely remember that day it seems so long ago!  When we went to it we knew we wanted to adopt but really knew nothing about the process or all the things involved.  Of course at the time people were getting referrals in approx 8-9 months although they did say it would probably take us 9-12months.  Oh how they were wrong!!!!  LOL

Why I even bother posting this is because my brother and sister-in-law live in London and ever since that day over 6 years ago anytime we visit them we pass this library!  Over the last 6 years it is AMAZING how built up it is around there now - the library use to be one of maybe a handful of buildings and now it is among well over a hundred stores and shops.

Every time we would pass it we would reminisce about that wondering when we would ever be able to drive by with our referral!  That day was April 8th!!  We were driving out with my parents on our way to my brothers for Easter dinner and of course we had to stop and snap a couple of pics!!  Our first time by with Mhyia we will have to stop and snap a couple more!!!

It was ridiculouly windy - but we took them anyways!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I love that you captured this moment and how important this location is.

My adoption has a library connection too. I went to my first adoption info session at our local library and then also received my referral call there as it is where my good friend works and my parents could get there in time to receive the call. Fun!!