Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Here's a shocker.....more depressing news!
Okay I had read about this on someones blog on Good Friday but I guess I was so upset about it that I was trying to deny that it could actually be true! The CCAA only matched two days worth of LID's this month. Is this crazy or what - at that rate we would be waiting 12 years. Like I said I think I am actually still in denial about it but I was looking back at last year and around this time was the least amount of days matched too (5 days). I heard a rumour that Oct/Nov tend to be heavier matching months?? I have no idea if this is true but I will go with it for now! What does everyone else think?? I just don't understand how 7 months ago we were told we would wait 9-12 months (we thought we would bank on 18 and that way we wouldn't/couldn't be dissappointed) and now they are telling people 18-24 months but if you do the math it is more like up to 27 more months on top of the 7 we have already waited?? I understand that there are not unlimited babies but this screams more political than anything to me? I read an interesting article in the New York Times a while ago about this exact topic and it was saying that the number of babies adopted into the USA last year, although still high was actually lower than the year previous and that they too felt it could be more for political reasons. With the upcoming Olympics in August 2008 the world's eyes are on China more than ever and I personally think this has a lot more to do with it than will ever be admitted?? I just can't understand how it goes from 30-35 days worth/month (a year ago) to 2 days/month - it just seems impossible?? If anyone has any better insight or other thoughts please feel free to share!! It isn't going to change what happens I just like to feel I have a better grasp of what is going on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
The 12 year idea is scary..I did the math yesterday as well. At this point, it is just too soon to tell what will happen. I don't like it one little bit. :(
I so hear you. It's all very depressing.
I have nothing for you...
When I started this, I was told I would be home with my baby in July 07...I am only 4 month LID right now...
I feel our life is on hold as we can't make any future plans as we don't know what the CCAA is going to do...enough with my whining...
I'm so sorry for all of you still in the waiting stage. I hope things pick up really soon so you can be holding little Mhyia in your arms sooner than later.
k
Post a Comment