Friday, May 20, 2011

The Roayl Wedding Day - April 29, 2011

As usual I am a little late posting these - the Royal Wedding took place on April 29th, 2011. It was AMAZING!! I don't know why but I was soooo excited about the wedding - you would have thought I was actually invited or something...lol

That morning I set my alarm for 5:00am so I could start watching people arriving at the church and of course see Will and then Kate arrive. The actual wedding started at 6:00am (our time). She looked very beautiful - I personally would have liked her dress to be a little more grandiose but it was her, classy, elegant and not too flashy - it was beautiful.


She chose to wear the Cartier “halo” tiara, which was made in 1936 and purchased by the Duke of York (later King George VI) for his wife, Elizabeth's mother (also Elizabeth). Queen Elizabeth received it as an 18th-birthday present, at which time she was Princess Elizabeth. The delicate headpiece, which is as understated as a headband of diamonds can be, was lent to Kate by the Queen.

Of course William looked very handsome as did his brother Harry (very good looking!!)

I watched the whole ceremony as I got ready for work - I left for work after the ceremony but before they were scheduled to make their debut on the balcony for their first kiss! I rushed into work and myself and a couple of my friends set up shop in front of the TV to watch for their first kiss!! They came out onto the balcony and there was a sea of people - you could see Kate mouth "wow" as she walked out. They had their first kiss which was nice but almost awkward lol - they both seem so quiet and reserved. They did however give the crowd a second kiss which was MUCH better and the crowd (as well as us at work)cheered!!



It was such a great day - we were constantly checking the internet for updated photos etc... I even had the live streaming going on my computer through out the day. This is when I say William and Kate pull out in his Dad's convertible and take a drive through the town!!

So exciting to watch - what a great day it was!!

No comments: