Thursday, May 26, 2011

To Buy or not to Buy??

When we first started this adoption over 5 years ago we thought that we would have Mhyia within a year and at that time it was much much easier to predict when we would get her and approx what age etc.. well forward 5 years and it is harder than ever.

That first year I would buy things here and there is I really loved something or if it was a price to good to pass up! The last couple of years I RARELY buy anything, it is just too hard....until today!!!

I have had my eye on this clothing line at Gymboree - it is called "Palm Beach Paradise" it is tropical and has flamingo's on it and I am in LOVE with it. I have been watching to see if it would go on sale because that is the ONLY way I would even consider buying any of the pieces. Like I said it is too hard to guess when she will be here, how old she will be, how much she will weigh etc.. but I asked some friends and we took some guesses and we figure if I buy a size 2 she would hopefully be able to wear it in the summer 2013 (fingers crossed).

Well today I learnt that Gymboree was having an amazing SALE - EVERYTHING in the store was $13.99 or less. I went over on my lunch and cleaned up!! I got almost everything that I had wanted and I even asked the sales clerk if I kept the tags on and kept the receipt could I return it next year once I get my referral and she said YES - no problem - isn't that great!! I was so excited today - it makes me nervous to get excited and especially to purchase stuff like this but I went for it and it was sooo exciting!!

So without further adoo here are my purchases from today!!!







5 comments:

Sherri said...

Beautiful!! Emma has had a closet full of clothes for 4 years now! Sadly because we thought within 6 months we would have her, then a year passed and I was still buying. Haven't bought a thing in over 3.5 yrs.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Hi!

I don't know if you remember me or not. We met a couple of times at the dinners at Yorkdale.

I saw that you commented on RQ this morning and I was so glad to hear that you are still waiting.

lea

PS. we are still waiting too!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I finally got up your site and I can hardly wait to see Mhyia in her new clothes.
Love you both.
Mom

Catherine said...

So, so cute!! Mhyia will look adorable decked out in her flamingo wear. And oh...the bathing suit!!

You're wise to buy size 2. I bought size 18 mos and up and I'm glad I did. Even though she was only wearing size 6 months when I got her she received a lot of little sizes. Her bigger stuff she gets to wear more often.

What fun that you're buying for Mhyia!!!

Asian Princess said...

Well with a return policy like that...fill up the shopping bags. I love all the stuff you picked out...Mhyia is going to look so adorable!!!

Lisa