Mike and I decided very quickly after applying for the adoption that her name would be Mhyia and we are so in love with the way we have spelt it. I posted about how we landed with this name etc.. here.
When we received her referral we were told her name was Long Kun Ya (Chinese put the last name first). Mike and I had already decided that whatever her Chinese name was that we would keep it as her middle name! We loved Kun Ya! We always pick girl names that end in an "a" so this was perfect! We decided to spell it with the two together, when we received her translated documents we noticed that sometimes they spelt it as 2 words and sometimes as 1 so we put them together as one name.
I looked up the meanings of her names and they are as follows;
Kun = Universe or Earth
Ya = Elegant or Graceful
Long = Dragon

2 comments:
Beautiful! And, it sounds so pretty!
Please do not be offended - I love the name so much that is what I named our Siamese cat - she is probably 15-16 and is our Mia Meezer!
Post a Comment