Today we had breakfast which was sooooo good and then we met Ray in the lobby at 8:30am. We headed to Tienamman square and the Forbidden City. It is amazing how much space is dedicated to this place and the amount of people is crazy!!
Ray took us around the square and explained what all the buildings were etc.. and then we headed under the road in a tunnel to the forbidden city. Every three hrs the guards change in the square and every half hour or so the water fountains will go off and the music plays at the Forbidden city. I thought you just went through the gate and that was it boy was I wrong, it goes and goes forever! It is very beautiful. At one point we came up to a new section and they were doing videos in costumes that you could be in - it looks like you are flying around China, it is quiet hilarious!! Of course you know who wanted to be in one so they started dressing him up, everyone was laughing and taking pics because Mike is so tall and big he barely fit in the robe!! They got him ready and then he took Mhyia with him!! The video is hilarious!! He was quite the hit! At the end he ran out in his costume and jumped into a karate position and almost scared this man to death!!
We ended by going through the gardens which was so beautiful! It really is something to see!!
![]() |
| Bathing beauty :) |
After that we got dressed and headed down to the lounge for a drink - she is sooo good! As long as she isn't tired or hungry she just goes with the flow. She had some dinner and then we went with David and Madeline to a local restaurant across the street. It was beautiful inside and the food was delicious - for the four of us we ordered about 5 or 6 dishes plus some bottled water and 4 beer it came to approx $45!! There were some very strange dishes on the menu, I don't even know how people can actually order some of these things? I took a couple of pics!
After dinner we headed back to the room and Mhyia went to bed. She has been eating up a storm lately and I was actually thinking I was maybe feeding her too much? She has also started to do little things that seem to be new - she is not holding back about her feelings, she is quite comfortable with letting us know what she wants or how she feels. Yesterday and today she has started to grip her hands and almost shake for a second if something is exciting her, it is so funny, she gets so intense!!


.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)



.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
5 comments:
What an awesome day! Love to hear of Myhia's personality emerging! So cute!!
LOL! I remember our trip through the Forbidden City. It was a cold day with wet, wet snow and yet it was still beautiful! All our pics have bright umbrellas in them. You're right, it does go on forever! If you go to the Summer Palace it's much the same when you get to a covered path at the end. Beautiful beyond words...just take your walking shoes. :o)
ENJOY!!! So happy to hear how much you're enjoying Mhyia and how much you're enjoying China too! Sounds like your eating is much more daring than I was. I was boring.
LOL! Love the mental pics of Mike in the costume and can vividly see his karate chop! Heh!!
Do we get to see the video of Mike once you get home. I am envisioning something quite funny.
It sounds like you are having a great time and that everything is going great with Mhyia. Can't wait until you get home and we can meet her too!
thinking of you lots! You look well and not too tired.
lea
xo
Hi Tammy
I love all the pictures on the blog. I have been following them even though we e-mail each other. I thought maybe I should make a comment on Mhyis's blog so she knows that Grandma V. has been watching her every day lol. She is so sweet I cannot wait to have her home. I have the POOL ready and I was glad to hear she likes the water.
The swimsuit is gorgeous and I know she has at least ten of them lol.
Love you guys and keep up the posts. Please God we will all be together sooooooon. lots of love.
Mom (Grandma) xxoo
ps: can't wait to see the vidio Mike ha ha
Sounds like you had a wonderful day! The forbidden city is definitely going on my list for next china visit!
Post a Comment