Wednesday, June 13, 2012

China Day 14 - June 13th


Happy Girl!
Today there isn't too much on the agenda!  We had all morning to ourselves which was nice, usually we have to be in the lobby or 8 or 9.  After breakfast we all decided to go for a walk down Wangfujing St.  I love this street!!  So many stores and things to look at.  We did a little shopping for a few gifts etc... and then headed back to the hotel for lunch.






We all ended up falling asleep for about 45 min before we had to meet in the lobby.  Ray our guide was taking us to the Silk Market and then to the Canadian consulate to pick up the Visa's for the kids.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE, the silk market!!  I love the bartering and there is soooooo much to look at!  We only had approx 2hrs there which was nothing really.  We got a couple of pairs of shoes for Mhyia - so cute and got a great deal!  We also got some gift things etc...I could be therefor hours!!




We went to the Consulate and they took us upstairs to an office and gave us Mhyia's visa and passport etc...  We did the direct Citizenship route so Mhyia has already been granted Citizenship but we will need to apply for her card as soon as we get home.  I am hoping it should only take a  couple of weeks to get.

After we got back to the hotel the guys headed to Pizza Hut and brought back pizza for all of us.  I gave Mhyia a bath and fed her dinner and then headed up for. pizza when they were back!  It was sooooooo good!!


After that we headed down to our room, gave her her last bottle and it was bed for all of us!  I am so tired by the end of the day!


6 comments:

Aunt Amy, Uncle Chris, Meghan & Matthew said...

only one more sleep until we get to meet her!! So exciting, we can't wait

杨东妮 said...

Looks like you had a great time! Your pictures really make me miss China and chinese pizza hut is amazing!

Are you excited to go back home?

Catherine said...

That first pic! Oh my, the cuteness of Mhyia!!! Such an adorable little pumpkin!

Oooo...the Silk Market! I get you! Isn't that an amazing place? Someday we'll go back. Can't wait!!

The next time we see or hear from you will probably be when you're at the airport! Yay!!! Hannah knows that tomorrow is Mhyia day and was already asking this morning when we get to go to the airport!

Glad you're enjoying your time so much! What a blessing it is to travel to our dd's home country and soak up even a little bit of their culture!

Carrie said...

She's beautiful!! I'm so excited for you both. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your journey with us. I've enjoyed following you!

Asian Princess said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time! Mhyia is so cute...I just love her beautiful smile. I have been enjoying all your posts and your pictures of course...brings back lots of memories from our trip. Enjoy your last few days there and we can't wait to see you guys and that sweet little beauty of yours!

Shan said...

Love all the pictures! She is completely adorable.