Thursday, June 14, 2012

China Day 15 - June 14th


First of all Happy Anniversary to my Mom and Dad aka Grandma and Grandpa now!!

Today we went to the Summer Palace and the Olympic park, we also had our Peking Duck lunch and a quick stop at the silk factory!!



The Summer Palace was beautiful, it was built for the Empress's mother and like the Forbiddon City it was huge!  It went on forever.  I could not believe the amount of people there especially considering it was a Thursday.  I think a lot of the people were there from other provinces visiting.  Of course what sould be a 1hr long trip turns into much more now a days.  First Mhyia needs to eat, the Declan, then a diaper change etc...it is quite funny and we are certainly not complaining - we love it!!





After leaving the Summer Palace we went to the Olympic park.  It is sooo beautiful and built up around there, they have an amazing hotel that is made up of about 4 or 5 towers and if you look at the top they look like a dragon - I don't think I could get a full shot of all of them.  We couldn't go inside the water cube without paying an entrance fee.  The water cube is a big water park inside now!  It was just neat to be there and take some pics after seeing it so many times on TV.






We then headed off for our Peking Duck lunch.  Thankfully we ordered a bunch of stuff and not just duck.  It was actually very good (not the duck) but the rice and the sweet and sour pork and of course the dumplings!!




Our last stop was at the Silk Market, this was very interesting.  They showed us how they grow the worms, harvest the silk and make it into blankets etc.. if I hadn't of spent so much at the Jade Factory I would have bought a duvet.  We got a little outfit for Mhyia for Chinese New Year - hopefully it fits!!




We left there and headed back to the hotel, we wanted to go to a store on Wanfujing were we had seen some things we wanted so we fed Mhyia some food and headed out, of course she was asleep in less than 5 min and slept the entire trip.  I got McDonalds for dinner - can I say I haven't eaten this much McDonalds in the last 10 years combined.








Tomorrow is our last day here, we head to the airport around 2:30pm and our flight is at 6:00pm.  I am NOT looking forward to the flight.  I can't stand the long flight myself let alone with a baby who should be sleeping but we already know she won't be comfortable etc.. and let me tell you she is not a happy girl when she wakes up before she's ready!  Oh well I guess there's not much we can do except try to keep her happy!!

I must admit I/we will miss Beijing - I wish we had more down time here, everyday has been very busy with tours etc... it would have been nice to have more free time here!


1 comment:

Becky said...

I am glad you enjoyed Beijing. There is nothing worse than feeling trapped in a place you do not enjoy. Your posts have been full of interesting things and you really have not complained at all except for the one hotel experience. I hope the trip goes well for ALL of you! Congrats again.