Well we made it! Today is our last day in China. We head home around 6pm tonight. I am more than a little nervous about the flight. I don't mind flying at all but I HATE how long it is and now on top of that we will have a baby with us! I just think she will not get a great sleep and may be very upset? I guess we will see later today!
Today we didn't have anything scheduled so we just spent the morning hanging out at the hotel, packing etc...we didn't want to be out running around, we wanted Mhyia to try and have a good nap to help with her mood at the airport!
![]() |
| Ready to go home! |
![]() |
| Our hotel room in Beijing |
![]() |
| View to the lobby from our room |
We finished packing, had showers, Mhyia had a bath and then a good nap. We headed downstairs to the lobby around 1:30 and actually ordered a pizza at the restaurant - it was REALLY good!! Clearly we should have tried it earlier! Ray and Mr. Lee came to get us at 2:30 and we headed to the airport. By the time we got through check in and security etc...we didn't have to long to wait. David was able to take us to the first class lounge with him which was great, we got hot water for bottles, had a bathroom break and some snacks and it was time to go. We had the bulk head seats which was great, it did feel like you had so much more room. Mhyia ate when we got on and then was happy for the first hour or so although we sat on the runway for almost an hour waiting to take off which was annoying because she had already finished her bottle by the time we finally did leave.
She slept for most of the flight, only really getting a little mad once but quickly was back to sleep. The flight was still awful, it is too long and I hate it. We got into the airport YAHOO!! And made our way to immigration, security, luggage pickup and the washroom. Everything went very smoothly and quickly with immigration (they put us right to the front of the line). I got Mhyia changed and then we headed out to see everyone. I am not going to lie I was so excited to be home and see family and friends I almost started crying a couple of times as we got to the doors. When the doors opened there were soooo many of our family and friends there waiting for us - it was amazing. They had a banner and signs, my mom had a t-shirt made with Mhyia's picture on it. Amy, Chris and Megs had a build a bear for her and a lucky red envelope. It was just soooo nice and we were so glad to be home!!
| Mhyia meeting Grandma! |
| Tired out after all that excitement! |
We came in and took her to her room, changed her, let her play a bit etc.. And then by 12am I took her upstairs and put her down. She went to bed no problem and slept not bad that night especially considering how much she slept on the plane.
So thankful to be home and with Mhyia, she is such a sweetie, for the most part she is pretty easy going and very content to play alone or with us. She is just perfect and we are both sooooo happy.


.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
4 comments:
Welcome home Mhyia!
Welcome home!!! Your Mhyia is absolutely adorable! Glad to hear you're settling in well!
Welcome home!
welcome home!
Post a Comment