Well I was able to sleep very little my first night in what I am going to refer to as the crack hotel. I woke up at 12:30am and thought I had slept the night - NOT. I was able to go back to sleep multiple times until finally around 3:30am I sat up and started typing this post.
Oh another update on the hotel - the safe doesn't work and from what we can tell neither does the air conditioning.
So we packed up some stuff for Mhyia and headed to the lobby for 8:30am where we met our guide. He was taking us to get the babies! We drove for about 30 min when we started wondering if they new exactly where they were going? We were meeting the babies at an office off site from the regular government building - in what appeared to be and apartment building. We finally got there and went inside where we were greeted by a government official. I am not going to lie until we went in that office and I saw the typical flags hanging etc... I thought is was all a bit sketchy. We were there less than 5 min and all of a sudden they walked in with the babies!! I literally turned around and there she was, I knew instantly it was her! The lady from the orphanage handed her to me which of course was amazing!! It just all happened so fast.
![]() |
| Daddy and his girl <3 |
The next couple of hours were a whirlwind of paper work, signing paperwork etc... She never cried when they handed her to us and in fact we easily made her smile, laugh etc... She also THANKFULLY will go to either Mike or I. The no crying is both a blessing and not? It is great for us but it makes you feel she probably had no real attachment to the nannies. We had to leave the offices dead to get her passport photo done. We made it there just in time. She got her passport photo and then we headed off to Carrefour (which is like a Walmart store but better) we went in to get formula, food extra wipes etc... Mike was able to rock her a little earlier and then again in the van and she went to sleep both times. When we got back to the hotel we placed her in her crib (already asleep) and she slept for about 2 hrs.
When she got up she ate a bottle, then played a bit and then we headed out for a walk. She ended up falling asleep in the stroller and missed a feeding. When she woke up she looked so sad, no smiles, no laughs etc.. we thought "oh no, our lucky streak is over" I took her to the room and she started crying! I gave her a bottle and she was happy girl again!!
![]() |
| Mommy and her princess <3 |
![]() |
| Happy girl :) |
We put her down a bit late around 9:30pm and she was soooo tired. We actually got to the point where we had to let her cry it out a little - with us at her side. It took her about 45 seconds and she was out!
She woke up a couple times through the night and cried out for maybe a couple of seconds and then went back to sleep.
It was quite a day amazing and overwhelming all at the same time.

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)


.jpeg)
22 comments:
AHHHHHH she is adorable! Love every moment.....Melanie (near London, On)
She is beautiful. Congrats on your new daughter. Enjoy and treasure these first days of getting to know her. Hope sleep becomes better for you. Congrats again.
What a beautiful baby! Congratualtions, I'm so happy for you. I know the feeling well having two from China, the youngest we just got in January ( Group 270, CB).
Mhyia is just beautiful!
Oh Tammy! Mhyia is absolutely gorgeous and it's SO WONDERFUL to see you and Mike with your daughter in your arms!!! What a little love you have! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Beautiful baby girl!!! Congratulations!
Oh guys . . . she's gorgeous! You are such a beautiful family and we are so thankful you are finally all together. The kids and I just sat ooohing and aaaaawing over the pictures. We can't wait to meet her.
She is a cutie patootie! Enjoy!
SO incredibly happy for you, Mike and Mhyia!
Congratulations! It's so good to finally see her in your arms.
tammy she is ADORABLE!!! what a great day! i wouldn't worry bout the not crying bit -- our DD (now nearly 8) didn't cry either upon hand-over and attached beautifully. we went back to her orphanage and she did seem to get lots of affection from the nannies -- but these babes want ATTENTION and are happy to get it from wherever they can -- survival! you have a survivor. enjoy her!
Awwww she is adorable....Congratulations on the little princess, she is beautiful.
She is absolutely beautiful...soooo cute! We are so happy for you both...congratulations! Her easy going personality reminds me so much of what Olivia was like when we received her...not a peep and no problem getting smiles and giggles out of her. The only times she cried were for bottles and when we were in large busy places...overwhelming we guessed as she had never been outside of the orphanage.
Well enjoy the rest of your time in China and take lots of video and pictures...can never have enough (I always wished I had more). We will continue to check in and see how things are going and to admire more pictures of Mhyia.
she is the most adorable baby..... Tammy give her a big kiss for us until we can do it ourselves
Congratulations!! She is beautiful! I'm so excited for your little family!
Congratulations! I have been following you from Chinaadopttalk.
Your daughter is beautiful.
I rememeber those first few day. Truly amazing.
Enjoy your time together and enjoy China. We loved it!
All the best!
Christine
www.ourjourneytohannah.com
OMG she is adorable!!! My son has been home for China for almost 5 yrs and believe me it does go fast so cherish every moment and take lots of pictures!!!
beth
How amazing! All the photos are fabulous, but the last one steals the cake!
Congratulations your daughter is so adorable. Thank you for sharing your story. We are heading to get our little girl in 3 weeks and are living vicariously through you. I have tears of joy and wish you a wonderful trip. Deirdre from NY
Congratulations!!! Mhyia is absolutely adorable and beautiful. I know you guys had a long wait. ! Many many exciting times ahead - enjoy and treasure every precious moment as you begin bonding together as a family! It's been 6 years for us and "Gotcha Day" is a memorable day!! ENJOY!
She is beautiful! And looks so very sweet. Congratulations!
Congratualtions Tammy! Can't wait to meet Mhyia in person!!!
Congratulations!! Such a long time coming and I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment