It was 4 weeks ago today that we saw her picture for the first time, in one way is seems like yesterday and in another way it seems like a lifetime ago. I know people who don't have their referral yet hate to hear this (I use to also) but it truly is amazing how when you see their little face and learn about your baby those 6 years and all the crap you have to go through just disappears. All we care about now is her, we love her so much!! It is so weird because I didn't know how I would feel when we got her picture? How can you fall in love with a picture? Well let me tell you, you just do! It is weird how I am already feeling protective of her, I find myself worrying about her and hoping that she is happy and being well taken care of. We are busy getting ready to go and get her, another four weeks from now and we will be on a plane to Kunming City!
Not much longer now Mhyia and you will be with us forever!! You have no idea what your life has in store for you but let me tell you there are soooo many people here that love you already and can't wait for you to be here.
We hope you had a great day today and we will see you very soon Love, Mommy and Daddy!

3 comments:
I'm so happy that the awful wait has already evaporated for you! I totally understand where you're coming from! So happy that you're feeling this joy and basking in the love of being a parent!!
Sorry to hear you're unable to get updated information. Praying this next month flies by for you! Is there a possibility that Mhyia will be placed in your arms the day she turns 9 months old?
Happy 8 months sweet Mhyia! You have an amazing Mommy and Daddy who are going to take such wonderful care of you!!
Maybe, just maybe you will get an update! Funny, we were told we can have one update and that took forever. And I noticed right after we paid for our flights and everything else, we got 2 updated photos one day before her 1st birthday and 10 days before she was placed in our arms. And yes, the wait has totally disappeared. It is hard for those to think yeah right, because I thought the same thing and it did.
Are you allowed to use a private service? If so, we have used Angela at Lady Bugs N' Love four times during our two adoptions. She is very well recommended by many families.
The pictures although are so wonderful to receive as a waiting parent, are even more valuable to your daughter later on as she looks at them. We sent cameras in all the packages and asked the nannies to take some pictures of our daughter during her every day activities and with her friends.
http://ladybugsnlove.com/
Post a Comment