Monday, February 7, 2011

Look back - Dec 2010 - New Job Offer!!

Ever since I was in College I have wanted to work at this particular company. I did both of my Marketing co-op placements there during college and then I was fortunate enough a couple of years ago to take a 1 year maternity leave. I loved working there - it is such a great company to work for - they really treat their employees so well.

After my 1 year covering for the maternity leave ended I was not able to stay on permanently. This was the end of 2008/beginning of 2009 and the economy had taken a turn for the worst. They had to lay off quite a few people and therefore they could not keep me on. Even though I was so sad at the time I just felt like one day I would be back.

About 8 months later they called me to help out for a couple of weeks (but I had just started a full time job) we came up with a solution!! I would work there 1 night a week and possibly a little bit from home and that way I would be able to help out and it would keep my foot in the door!! I worked part time for just over a year and then on Nov 2010 one Tuesday night - I was offered a full time permanent job!!!! I was soooooo excited. I wasn't able to say anything at first until they made an official announcement over a week later (that was hard). Finally the beginning of Dec I was ale to tell everyone and I had to tell my current boss. I actually offered to work part time there and she thought that was great - I just flipped my part time and full time jobs LOL

I am truly so happy about being back there - I officially started in Jan 2011 and I couldn't be happier!!

No comments: