
Well I looked at Rumor Queen Thursday morning and to my surprise the CCAA sent out another batch of referrals. I couldn't believe it - there were no rumors about it or anything and then all of a sudden there were reports of phone calls in Europe!! I was thinking it wouldn't be until the first or second week of March so it was a very nice surprise!! It had only been 22 days since the last batch the sent out - although they skipped Jan so I kind of consider the first batch to be a Jan batch and then this one a Feb batch. They only did up to and including June 9th which again is a little disappointing but that is offset by the fact that they sent them out so quickly..lol!
The next couple of months is going to be a good indicator of what the CCAA is planning to do for the year. Because the attrition rate is sooo large for the months of June, July and August there are not a lot of people still logged in. The CCAA should easily be able to cover a week or two or even more at times in one month (even doing a reduced amount of babies) but there have been reports that the CCAA doesn't want to give the appearance of a speed up (believe me I think we all know it would not be a speed up). So for know we continue on the roller coaster ride and wait, wait, wait and wait some more for the day we get Mhyia's referral.
I almost think we have been let down so many times over the last 5 years that I might be caught off guard when the referral does come - I am in denial that it could possibly be within a year.Each month RQ puts out a "projections" post - as with all of us she is kind of guessing at what the CCAA will do over the next couple of months so she is constantly having to play with the numbers and this month even had to add a new Winter 2011 column (since the last couple of months have fallen below her projections). Also she is currently working with numbers from a July 2010 poll so the new poll results should be up in the next couple of days and I can't wait to see the new numbers. These will be much more relevant to us since we are Aug lid.



2 comments:
Yeah, the CCAA would hate to consider this a speed up, it's not it's just that so many people have gone SN, gone else where or just dropped out. So few people now are waiting and i'm so happy, I tear up easier now then I did before, because it's becoming all so real now after 55 months into our wait. Fingers are still crossed as I see a referral coming Sept..I think I will stick with that until the next few months, then we should pretty much know. I found myself listening to adoption cd's this morning and I was crying like a baby..my heart just pounds.
Sherri
Sherri
When I click on "Sherri" in your comment I can't get to you blog?? I use to be able to - do you know why??
Thanks! Tammy
Post a Comment